Thursday, February 28, 2013

Laundry Day!

The only thing I love more than a hand knit sock, is a freshly washed hand knit sock :-) Yesterday was laundry day for my socks. Most of my socks are knit out of machine washable yarn, but I hand wash them to get as much life out of them as I can.


I use Eucalan Wool Wash. I really want to try Soak, but my local yarn store doesn't carry it. I use enough to make a decent amount of bubbles in my sink :-)


I put my socks in one at a time and squish them in the bubbles. I let them soak for at least 20 minutes. Sometimes longer if I forget about them... which happens a lot.


The wool wash says it is no rinse, but I rinse my socks until the water runs clear. I wear my socks nearly every day, so they get pretty dirty.


I roll all the socks up in a towel and press the water out of them. Then I lay them out on my "blocking mats" (play mats from a big box store) and fold down the cuffs so they dry a little snugger. I have a fan that I set up to blow on them so that they dry a little faster.


Here's a sneak peek of my new socks! Read all about them tomorrow :-) Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment